Vaccination Question

I received one dose of the vaccine about eight years ago.

I just had an HBV screen. The test cam back positive for HBSAG. Considering I do not have any risk factors the doctor sent me for another test. The second test came back non reactive for HBSAG and everything else -- although PCR testing showed under 5000 iu/ml.

Could my one dose of the vaccine years ago contribute to these unusal results? My doctor is inclined to think they are false positives.

What do you think?

When a laboratory finds a positive Hepatitis B surface antigen, this result needs to have a confirmatory test since false positives are possible. Your test may not have had the proper backup test before release of the result.

Your physician can call the laboratory supervisor to see if this is the case. I suspect it was a laboratory error.

Do I need PCR?
protease inhibitors toxicity