could this be hepatitus and hiv coinfection????window period and anxiety please pleeeeeease answer

im a male teen from the uk and recently had unprotected vaginal sex where the female had bleed throughout as she was on her period i feel so guilty and havent seen or heard from the girl since this episode and i therefore do not know her status. approx 8months later i had a hiv test which was negative although i have been having diahroeah for a very long period of time and i have also noted that my tongue has got whiter and has red spots at the back of it. also i believe i have enlarged glands near my groin and in my neck. would you recommened a follow up after the 8month negative test and could their be any chance that i may have aquired hepatitus after this exposure please please help, worried sick. many thanks doc.

If you tested negative after 8 months had passed since your risk, I would not suggest repeat testing. As for hepatitis viruses, the one that is transmitted the easiest is hepatitis B; hepatitis C is not commonly transmitted sexually.

If you are a teen then you may have already been vaccinated for hepatitis B in the past. You can check your hepatitis B blood tests to see if you are protected or if you have been exposed. A simple blood test will relieve your mind.

Remember to always have safe sex - this level of anxiety is difficult to live with. I strongly doubt your diarrhea is related to HIV and hepatitis viruses.

HIV/HEP B
HCV False Positive