|Hep A Ab, Total Positiv
Jul 28, 2006
Hi, I got test results back that say Hep A Ab, Total Posivite HBSAg Screen, Negative Hep B Core Ab, Tot Negative Hep B Surface Ab 176 HCB Ab 0.3, Negative What do the positive numbers for Hep A Ab and for Hep B Surface Ab indicate? I have had shots/immunizations for both Hep A and B. Thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
After immunization for hepatitis A your total Hep A antibody will be positive.
After immunization for hepatitis B your surface antibody will be positive.
These are good lab results- they indicate you are protected.
SGOT OR SGPT
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Causing Joint Pain
- Is Hpv Tested For When Donating Blood?
- What Body Parts Can You Get Genital Herpes?
- Why I Am Getting Burning Painfulness On My Vagina?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.