Jul 22, 2006
I am contemplating a future with man who was intravenous drug user. I recently learned that he has Hep C and possibly Hep B. Does this mean that he will contract the HIV virus? What are the corelations between the two viruses?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would recommend HIV testing to your partner if he has not been tested. You will also want to know if he has active hepatitis C or hepatitis B infections. If his hepatitis B is chronic, then you should be vaccinated. If he has active HCV, then there is a risk of sexual transmission of about 1-3 percent.
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Anything Sucking Someone's Cock Without A Condom?
- Does Hiv Cause Penile Burning Sensation?
- Hiv Antibody Non Reactive After Window Period
- How Dangerous Is It To Eat Cum?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.