|transmission of HIV/HEPC during period
Jul 22, 2006
I fooled around with a college girl a few days ago. We had unprotected sex and she was on her period. Is it possible that I may recieve HIV AND Hepitis C? (Increased chances because of the fact that she has her period)
Response from Dr. McGovern
The key issue is whether she is infected with HIV or hepatitis C or not. Blood exposure to you is an issue if you had any trauma to your skin during sex.
I would recommend testing for HIV, HCV, and HBV for an unprotected encounter. It is always best to use condoms, so you don't have to have any anxiety afterwards regarding these kind of worries.
Anti HBeAg Antibody
- Bronchitis After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.