Jul 22, 2006
When i was sixteen had unprotected sex with a female who has hbv and hcv my question is i think at the time i only had 2 shots maybe 1 of the vaccine after the exposure i recieved the last shot my results from blood tests say i am immune but could the vaccine influence the blood tests which are hbsag negative hbsab positive hb cor-tot negative all done 3x and recently hbv dna pcr negative.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
No I do believe the vaccine prevented you from acquiring infection.
The vaccine is very effective. It has been shown to be partially protective even with one or two shots and you are the proof of that.
Continue to have protected sex since we do not have vaccines yet for HIV and HCV, but hopefully one day we will.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rectal Bleeding After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Shingles After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Topping Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.