|"Clearing" Hep C
Jul 19, 2006
If your body naturally clears Hep C from it's system, are you still contagious to others? I'm about to go on a trip with someone I suspect may be Hep C positive. Is there any reason to worry about casual transmission? We're going camping, should I worry about mosquito bites?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is transmitted by blood to blood contact through injection drug use or uncommonly through sex. It is not transmitted casually.
If someone has cleared hepatitis C, they are not infectious to others.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough An Ars Symptom?
- Hiv Transmission Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.