Jul 19, 2006
My friend has hepatitis C and I wasn't thinking and drank after her. I have read that it can not be spread this way but I would just like to ask a doctor to be sure. Do I need to be concerned? Can I get the Hepatitis C by drinking after her? Thanks a lot
Response from Dr. McGovern
We do recommend not sharing toothbrushes or razors with someone with hepatitis viruses since there is a theoretical possibility of transmitting infection (although extremely small).
I would not consider your "exposure" a risk at all.
viral load 0
Protease Inhibitors with Hep C
- Seroconverting After Condom Broke
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Vaginal Discharge Cause Sores?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.