viral load 0

I was recently diagnosed with Hep B but when they ran my viral load it came back at zero what does this mean? Me and my husband have been trying to concieve for 3yrs and while doing the fertility work up I found out. So what are the chances of giving Hep B to our children if we have any?

It is hard to fully comment, but I suspect that you may have an inactive carrier state. (Hepatitis B surface antigen positive but no active virus in the blood). If that is the case, the chance of passing hepatitis B to your baby is extremely low.

I would recommend hepatitis B vaccine to your husband. When you deliver, your baby will be given hepatitis B vaccine and immunoglobulin and he or she will do just fine.

geno 3a
Hepatitis C