geno 3a

Hi I have hcv genotype 3a and have just finished treatnet so far I am undetactable after treatment but My blood results of 3 months after treatment are ALT 40 AST 45 and I am very worried that the virus has returned as they were 30 and 29 after I finished tx so is it true that genotype 3a has a very high relapse rate? and waht would you do if no further tx is offered as in the UK they wont retreat gen 2 and 3 till new treatment become available, I have moderate fibrosis Ishak 3. thank you

I certainly hope as well that you maintain a non detectable viral load. Although your numbers are slightly higher, they are still quite moderate. You really need to know your viral load.

If you were only treated for six months and you relapse, I would treat you again for 48 weeks. If this is not possible in the UK, remember that new drugs are definitely in the pipeline and your Ishak score is 3. Liver disease progresses slowly, and your interferon treatment has most likely slowed down your disease progression (even if you do relapse).

Best of luck.

Genotype 4
viral load 0