Jul 19, 2006
I am currently in my 5th month of 24 week treatment for hcv at 12 weeks I was undetectable but it seems everywhere I read people with genotype 4 have 48 weeks of therapy, Am I one of the lucky ones?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Most hepatologists will treat genotype 4 as long as they treat genotype 1 - for 48 weeks.
It is good news that you have no detectable virus at 12 weeks. I would press on and treat you for a total of 48 weeks. Perhaps your doctor is planning a shorter course of therapy if you had a nondetectable viral load at 4 weeks; I would discuss the duration carefully.
I had a recent liver blood test
- AIDS Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.