Genotype 4

I am currently in my 5th month of 24 week treatment for hcv at 12 weeks I was undetectable but it seems everywhere I read people with genotype 4 have 48 weeks of therapy, Am I one of the lucky ones?

Most hepatologists will treat genotype 4 as long as they treat genotype 1 - for 48 weeks.

It is good news that you have no detectable virus at 12 weeks. I would press on and treat you for a total of 48 weeks. Perhaps your doctor is planning a shorter course of therapy if you had a nondetectable viral load at 4 weeks; I would discuss the duration carefully.

I had a recent liver blood test
geno 3a