I had a recent liver blood test

I have had a recent liver enzyme test done. Actually, it was a repeat. The first test showed a reading of 64. When repeated it had dropped to 63. My doctor says it should be below 50. During the second test she asked if I had ever had hepatitis. I then told her the story that I had tried to give blood a couple of times and I was told that at some point I had been exposed but I had not had Hepatitis. I know this because I called the Red Cross and talked with one of their staff and based on my readings she said it was apparent that there was exposure but my body did what it was supposed to do and created the antibodies and that was what was showing up. I do not ever remember having had hepatitis and think that I would. My teen years were during the seventies. Need I say more. Anyway, She tested me and I tested neg. on A & C but tested positive to B. She did say also that it could have been exposure and not necessarly having had a bout with it. She wants me to see a liver doc. I'm over weight. I'm 5'5 and weigh 194. Is 63 bad? Even my doc said to quote was "not terrible" but does this sound like fatty liver or what? Naturally I'm concerned and tend to be a worry wort. I do drink but not allot and I do take 1 aspirin a day and allot of vitimins. All of my other numbers are great. 154 cholesterol with LDL and HDL's that are awesome. Triglycerides at 72. My doc is allot like me and tends to be a little over the top. She wants my blood presure to be 115/70 when my normal range is 120/84 so she has me on a high blood med. She had me on Atenolol for 3 years and that is when I put on all the weight. I was running but it seemed I could not lose any weight so she put me on Lisinopril recently. Having said all of this and having gone online, I'm concerned about the whole fatty liver thing and now she has me parinoid about the hep B too. So, what do you think. Thanks, Don

I suspect that your hepatitis B test may be consistent with "isolated hepatitis B core" antibody.

This is when this one test comes back positive and everything else is negative. It is not always clear what this means, and most patients undergo further blood testing to sort it out (eg, HBVDNA).

However if you have no risk factors for hepatitis B, it is probably just a false positive. If you do have risk factors for hepatitis B, then it could represent past infection and you have lost your surface antibodies over time.

I agree with you that the more likely explanation for your mild abnormalities of liver function tests is fatty liver. I think that you should see a liver specialist to sort this out.

please explain the result of my hepa profile
Genotype 4