Just diagnosed

hiya doc i was just diagnosed with hep c,i have been reading alot but i am so confused i dont know my #s but i knew it was c because of the symptoms.My 1st appt. is on the 10 with a liver specialist.My left leg and foot are swelling is that normal?I still find myself very very confused about everything..I know how i got it but thats about it.can you help me understand everything so i can be prepard on the 10th?

Hepatitis C causes chronic infection in most patients (about 75 to 85 percent). It is transmitted usually by injection drug use and uncommonly through sex.

You will have blood testing to see if the virus persists in your blood. You will also have genotype testing to see what kind of hepatitis C you have. Whether you will have a liver biopsy will depend on multiple other factors.

I doubt your one sided leg swelling is related to hepatitis C. If it is continuing you will want to see your doctor.

Long term effects from combination therapy?
hepa C & Pregnant