|Long term effects from combination therapy?
Jul 8, 2006
Is it possible to have effects as long as 8 months after treatment ended. Interferon/Ribavirin combination. Experiencing severe mouth sores. Could it be from a reduced immune system?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would doubt that your mouth sores are related to interferon and ribavirin. The effects of these drugs wash out in the first month.
HIV AND HEPATITIS B
- Vaginal Fluids And Open Cut In Penis Hiv Risk
- White Blood Cell Count Acute Hiv Infection
- Can Hepatitis C Be Transmitted Through Food Preparation?
- Heterosexual Vaginal Sex Should I Be Worried About Hiv
- If You Have A White Hairy Tongue Does That Mean You Have Hiv?
- Does Hiv Affect Erections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.