HIV AND HEPATITIS B

Hi Im gay and have my partner, I didnt know the last year that I was infected until i got Sick with the diseases like candida and toxoplasmosis. My partner ten years ago was living with a man who was infected, and he said that he sometimes had sex without condon and after the years he check his test and he was HIV Negative. Three years ago he got Hepatitis B, and when I Met him he said to me that We should take care of Us, and we Did it, but many times he did sex without protection in the nights, having oral sex and anal sex without protection. Now Im taking treatments and my cd4 are in 400, My VC is les than 400. How can I know if he infected me with Hepatitis b?, The Hapatitis B is it cronic?. Im sorry but my english is not good Im trying to ask this, but in the spanish site is not complety and they dont give us any answer of this... Thank you Pablo

First, your English is just fine. I wish I were bilingual.

All patients with HIV should be tested for hepatitis B as well. If you have not been exposed, you should then get vaccinated against hepatitis B. If you have chronic infection with hepatitis B, then your HIV medications should also include those with activity against hepatitis B. You can discuss this with your doctor.

You are doing a great job with your medications considering your excellent blood results (eg, great CD4 count). Keep up the great job.

Elevated liver enzyme AST/ALT
Long term effects from combination therapy?