|Husband and Hep C
Jul 8, 2006
If a persons husband has Hep C, is it possible to still convieve a child without the virus?
Response from Dr. McGovern
If your husband is positive, this does not mean that you will pass on virus onto your baby. Only an infected mother has that risk, and the risk is about 5 percent.
I would discuss this issue with your obstetrician further. The risk of passing hepatitis C between monogamous couples is about 2 percent or lower.
what should he do?
- Can You Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Rash After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Does Hydrogen Peroxide Cure Vaginal Infections?
- Will Rinsing Your Mouth With Peroxide Help Thrush?
- Can Jerking Off All The Time Make You Blind?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.