|core antibody posiive
Jul 8, 2006
The person is HBsAG negative,HBsAb is positive ,Core antibody is positive .what Does it mean this person isa carrier or this person is an infected person.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Good question. Hepatitis B surface antigen is negative so we know right away this person does NOT have chronic infection.
Since the hepatitis B core and surface antibody are both positive, this is consistent with past infection and immunity.
This person is not at risk for chronic infection.
what is it (hep b)
- What Percent Of The World Has Herpes?
- What Percent Of Americans Have Herpes?
- What Are The Stages Of Chlamydia?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Treatment For Perineal Herpes Sore
- Syphilis And Joint And Muscle Aches
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.