|what is it (hep b)
Jun 18, 2006
what exactly is hep b, how do you get it? what are the chances of a husband of passing it to his wife (unknowingly) and they have a child together? well the wife and baby get it, if the sex was unproteced during marriage?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Whether hepatitis B is passed on during intercourse will depend on whether the patient has inactive HBV (without virus in their blood) or has a lot of virus in their blood (chronic active).
I would get tested for hepatitis B and get immunized right away if you are negative. You cannot pass this on to a child if you are negative yourself.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.