hbsag + what next?

Hi my husband has recently tested HBsAg positive. We are currently living in Turkey and the doctor he saw just told him that it was a small amount and he should drink lots of fruit juices and it should go away. I presume from this that the doctor is saying he has Acute hep B, However from re-search i have done myself since on the internet i understand that other tests would need to be carried out to see if it is acute or chronis - as they have only detected the hbsa at this stage and this can be present in both forms of the virus?! The doctor didnt carry out any futher tests he just sent him on his way, and was a bit reluctant to answer my husbands q's. he did take an x-ray of his liver area and said it looks ok but i didnt understand this to be normal procedure if he thinks it is acute hep b either? I have my doubs about what the doctor has told my husband as he also told him that he is not infectious which i would have thought he is? could you help us to shed any light on this situation, is he infectious and what tests need to be done now?

You are very smart and I would definitely seek further care elsewhere.

No fruit juices do not make hepatitis go away.

Your husband should have further testing to determine if he is chronic or not.

Hepatitis B surface antigen again Hepatitis B e antigen Hepatitis B e antibody Hepatitis B core IgG and IgM (to help determine chronicity versus acute) Hepatitis B DNA

An xray does not help at all.

If he is chronic or acute, you need to be protected as well. Check your own laboratories to see if you have been exposed in the past.

Co-infection
what is it (hep b)