|Survival of Hepatitis B and C
Jun 18, 2006
Do you have any solid information as to how long Hepatitis B and C survive on a surface off the body? I'm concerned I may have come into contact with one/both of the above.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Information on virus survival is not actually helpful. The information that is most important is that getting hepatitis B or C requires some entry of blood into your bloodstream -either through sex or via injection drug use.
Is it SAFE ?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- A List Of All The Names Of Medicines For Std
- Over The Counter Antibiotics For Std
- Std That Causes Sharp Pain On Left Side Of Stomach
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.