|TRANSMISSION OF HEPATITIS C AFTER TREATMENT
Jun 18, 2006
I HAVE A FRIEND WHO WAS TREATED FOR HEPATIS C 4 YEARS AGO AND ALL RECENT BLOODWORK SHOW NO SIGNS OF THE DISEASE. IS HE STILL A CARRIER AND CAN HE STILL TRANSMITT THE DIESEAS SEXUALLY?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Treatment can cure hepatitis C. It is great news that he has such a wonderful result from treatment.
I would still have safe sex if this friend is your sexual partner to prevent transmission of any other infectious disease that you may not be aware of.
Hepa B or Fatty Liver???
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Does Chlamydia Discharge Look Like?
- What Causes Hpv Other Than Sex?
- Time It Takes To Get Genital Warts After Exposure
- What Is The Lifespan Of The Hpv Virus?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.