Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

traitement
Jun 18, 2006

Bon jour J'ai l'honneur de vous éire,je voudrais juste s'informer sur le traitement de l'hé¡tite c ,dont souffre mon pè. apréavoir suvit un traitement par interfén est ribavirine pendant une anné,les réltats de l'analyse sont: 723 708 copies/ml 5.9 log 139 175 ui/ml le mécin propose un autre traitement par interfén pélé amantadine ,ma question est la suivante: est -ce que si néssaire de suivre ce traitement est quelle sont les possibilité d'é©miner le virus ,ya- t-il des effet secondaire. mercie beucoup

Excuse me to have to write the French message,because I am not English.

THE ENGLISH MESSAG ****************** Good day I have the honor to write to you, I would like just to inform my self on the treatment of hepatitis C, from which my father suffers. apréto have suvit a treatment by interfén is ribavirin during one year, the results of the analysis are: 723.708 copies/ml 5.9 log 139.175 ui/ml the doctor proposes another treatment by interfén pélé amantadine, my question is as follows: if necessary to follow this treatment is which are the possibilities of eliminating the virus, ya- T it of the side effect.

thank you very much

Response from Dr. McGovern

The data on the use of amantadine do NOT suggest any benefit. I would not pursue this course.

What I would do next would depend strongly on the level of your father's liver disease. If it is advanced cirrhosis, I would see a hepatologist about possibly going on low dose maintenance interferon. Studies are ongoing now about this approach to prevent decompensation of liver disease. The results are not yet available.

If you live in France, you may want to try to go to the clinics where either Dr. T. Poynard or Dr. Benhamou practice for the best advice based on your father's individual medical profile.

Bon chance!

Previous
Chronic Hep B - Please Please Please Please Help
Next
Hep B test results

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.