Transmission of Hep C through a Blood Transfusion

Hello!

My mother had a blood transfusion in 1980/81 after an ectopic pregnancy. She refuses to get tested, but I'm concerned for her. She's very healthy, looks and feels great. Is it possible she could still have it after 26 years?

Yes it is possible. She should have a simple blood test for hepatitis C antibody.

It is also very possible that if she got hepatitis C at that time, she may have cleared it due to her young age and one time exposure. So please get her to agree to testing to know for sure. You can feel good and still have hepatitis C.

Am I cured?
hepatitis b