Transmission of Hep C through a Blood Transfusion
Jun 18, 2006
My mother had a blood transfusion in 1980/81 after an ectopic pregnancy. She refuses to get tested, but I'm concerned for her. She's very healthy, looks and feels great. Is it possible she could still have it after 26 years?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes it is possible. She should have a simple blood test for hepatitis C antibody.
It is also very possible that if she got hepatitis C at that time, she may have cleared it due to her young age and one time exposure. So please get her to agree to testing to know for sure. You can feel good and still have hepatitis C.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Diarrhea After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.