can my wife live for long life

Hi Barbara,

This is from india, my wife was diognised positive for HBsAG and positive for Anti HBe and negative for HBeAg and get normal liver functions in November 2004 and she was 6 months pregnant at that time. Now we have male child having 1 year 4 months. My child got vaccinated for HBIG within 1 hour after birth and got three doses of hepatitis b vaccines in period of 1,2 and 3rd month. My questions are 1) Is my wife in inactive carrier state? 2)will My child also get HBV? 3)Is my wife die with this stage? 4) can we take any medicines at this stage? 5)will good diet will help my wife? 6) will my wife never cured from HBV? Please answer my questions. Hope you give good suggestions to us.

Thanks in advance

rajashekar

Your wife appears to be a chronic inactive carrier. The normal liver function tests are quite reassuring. The only other test I would suggest is a HBV DNA to be certain that she does not have virus in her bloodstream. If that is negative (which I suspect it will be) I would only monitor her every 6 to 12 months to be certain that she maintains this inactive state. The main things that can reactivate HBV are steroids and chemotherapy. There is no special diet I would advise. She should live a long life.

Congratulations on your baby.

lover w/ hiv hep c
Hep. but not a,b,c