|lover w/ hiv hep c
Jun 18, 2006
i am dating and contemplating a future w/ a man with hiv and hep c that he has had since 1989..what health risks am i looking at and what can be his life span if he is in treatment and shows no signs presently?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would advise baseline HIV and HCV testing if you were at all at risk in the past (unprotected intercourse). Then I would suggest use of condoms for all episodes of intercourse, no sharing of razors or toothbrushes, and avoidance of anal sex which carries the highest risk of all.
His lifespan is that of any chronic disease like diabetes. As long as he takes medications on a regular basis, he will probably live a long life.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Picking Your Nose?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Black Spots After Sharing Dildos Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Masturbation Worried I Have
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.