The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Jun 18, 2006

My husbands antibody to hepa b surface antigen ( non reactive ) hepatitis b e antigen ( reactive ) hepa b surface antigen (reactive). they did a Amplicor hbv monitor test his hbv detected 3,831,956 copies/ml. They doctors are giving him baraclude is this really bad?

Response from Dr. McGovern

Your husband's blood tests indicate that he has chronic hepatitis B infection. He is being treated with Baraclude which is a relatively new and potent HBV medication. He should take this with good adherence and have regular follow-up with his physician to see if his virus level is coming down.

immune response to different viruses
lover w/ hiv hep c

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint