immune response to different viruses

I know that this is not your area of expertise, but I was diagnosed with HSV1 oral and genital a year and a half ago. I know my immune response to hsv1 is questionable. i have constant breakouts even MORE in the genital region more than the girl who gave me her strain. My question is would my response be just as weak to the HIV virus if I obtained it as weak as I am to the HSV virus.

Many people have multiple outbreaks to HSV and this does not imply an inherent "defect" in your immune system. There is nothing to suggest that this would predispose you to a weak response to HIV.

However... 1. You should talk to your physician about the number of outbreaks you are having since prophylaxis would be a good idea. 2. You should use condoms at all times to avoid getting HIV.

Also, please address the HIV forum for all HIV questions.

drug treatment results
HBV