|Hep B and Kissing
Jun 17, 2006
I am inactive carrier of Hep B HBV DNA neg E antigen Neg and Hbsag +ve. Can Hep B be transmitted to my Girl friend if I kiss her mouth to mouth? Also please tell if there are drugs in future to get Hbsag neg? Please Im worried.
Response from Dr. McGovern
You ask a good question.
1. SInce you are an inactive carrier and do not have virus in your bloodstream, you are currently not infectious. 2. Although hepatitis B is in saliva, we are not sure if it is efficiently spread though saliva. HOwever, we always recommend not sharing drinking or eating utensils. Kissing is not a recognized route for transmission. 2. As you know, hepatitis B can "reactivate" and the virus can show up again in your bloodstream; so the best protection would be to have your girlfriend get vaccinated so there is no risk whatsoever to her.
Pain Relievers: Tylenol a good option?
- Is Burning Urethra A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Dry Cough A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Swollen Lymph Glands A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Chills After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.