I praise u doc: answer me!

Dear dr.Govern, I'm rewriting the previous letter taht was badlly and unprecisely written.

I'm a student of biology, and I have a lot of concerns regarding HBV, HCV and HIV. I'm working on blood (from different patients), and my task is to fractionate blood to plasma, then to stock it in a fridge at -80 degrees.

I always wear gloves.

Neverthless it happened to me to touch the outside of the tubes (already frozen at -80 degrees), and with the same hand to touch the fridge doorknob.

What if there was some plasma (just small small droplets "escaped" during fractioning) on the tubes? Can be harmful what I've done to touch the knob (both if the plasma was already frozed or "just" dried)?

PLEASE: answer me !

M.

I suspect there must be a biosafety hazard team at your institution to discuss this and any other issues.

It doesn't sound like there was any major issue and the only way you yourself can get any of these viruses is by blood to blood contact - which did not occur.

/does prospective daughter from China have Hep B?
Pain Relievers: Tylenol a good option?