|Is Hep C sexually transmitted?
Jun 7, 2006
Is Hepatitis C sexually transmitted? I seem to be having trouble finding reliable information about this. Some health sites say yes, while others say it's rare. Which is correct?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C can be sexually transmitted; however it is uncommon.
Studies of monogamous couples show that this occurs about 1 percent to 3 percent of the time. Recent studies of men who have sex with men suggest that the risk of HCV transmission increases with fisting and in the presence of genital ulcers (like syphilis).
hepatitis b virus active
hep c risk greater man to woman?
- HIV Risk Insertive Anal Sex With Condom
- Diarrhea Sign Of Seroconversion
- Is White Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.