Which doctor to consult if HBSAG reactive?
Jun 7, 2006
My brother had a hepa b blood test and was HBSAG reactive, is that a diagnosis of Hepa B? Can u pls tell us what's it all about and which doctor will we consult? thank you
Response from Dr. McGovern
If the hepatitis B surface antigen is positive, your brother needs further blood testing to determine whether he has acute (recently acquired) or chronic infection.
A primary care care can start the testing; referral to a hepatologist or an infectious disease doctor (who is expert in viral hepatitis) is best after that.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Coated Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.