Liver Cancer

My husband has end stage liver disease hepatitis c and now liver cancer. We went to UCSD Medical Center to get him evaluated for a liver transplant three month ago and they did a ct scan and found a tumor in his liver 2cm now three months later it is 3cm. They are going to do a procedure called TACE on June 16th and I wanted to know how safe it is. What can be expected? Also they want him to fill out an Advanced Directive what is that for? I was so nervous that I could not think of anything but the word cancer. My brain just went blank. Also my husband is on methadon 8mg should he stop taking the methadone the day he goes to the hospitol?

I am sorry but you will need to address these questions directly to the physicians in charge of his care to get the best advice.

I wish your husband well.

High SGOT and SGPT Counts
Non- Reactive?