Recent HIV-HepC Diagnosis

My adult son who is an IV drug user for many years was recently diagnosed with both HIV/HepC. His positive testing resulted from his attempt to sell blood/plasma through our local blood bank. I want to try to help him get care, but I have so many questions: should this diagnosis be confirmed through additional testing? If so, and the diagnosis is confirmed, then what? I realize that this is a limited formum, however, I would appreciate any BASIC information that you can provide. Thank you in advance.

I would expect that the results are truly positive.

I would look for a university hospital clinic setting in your area. One place where you can get a name for an HIV doctor is through the HIVMA website.

I can assure you that your son will do very well with treatment.

Best regards, Dr. M

479,000
HIV/HEP C