|Recent HIV-HepC Diagnosis
May 27, 2006
My adult son who is an IV drug user for many years was recently diagnosed with both HIV/HepC. His positive testing resulted from his attempt to sell blood/plasma through our local blood bank. I want to try to help him get care, but I have so many questions: should this diagnosis be confirmed through additional testing? If so, and the diagnosis is confirmed, then what? I realize that this is a limited formum, however, I would appreciate any BASIC information that you can provide. Thank you in advance.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would expect that the results are truly positive.
I would look for a university hospital clinic setting in your area. One place where you can get a name for an HIV doctor is through the HIVMA website.
I can assure you that your son will do very well with treatment.
Best regards, Dr. M
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.