|after hep c treatment
May 27, 2006
after you finish treatment and are "cured", does your liver self heal itself? or does it stay in the same state it was before the treatment? in other words if i was stage 1, will my liver always be stage 1? or will it heal itself and become stage 0 ?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Good question. We now have data which suggests that when someone is cured of their hepatitis C, their liver health continues to improve over time - including those with very advanced liver disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Runny Nose An Ars Symptom?
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.