after hep c treatment
May 27, 2006
after you finish treatment and are "cured", does your liver self heal itself? or does it stay in the same state it was before the treatment? in other words if i was stage 1, will my liver always be stage 1? or will it heal itself and become stage 0 ?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Good question. We now have data which suggests that when someone is cured of their hepatitis C, their liver health continues to improve over time - including those with very advanced liver disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Giving Handjob Scared To Death
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Odds Of Getting HIV Blood Splash
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- Risks Of Contracting AIDS From Erotic Massage
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Breast Milk?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.