May 27, 2006
Since my wife is 2 months pregnant, she's required to take Hepatitis testing. She got the result and it is "non-reactive". Her doctor said that her immune system was fine.
Do you think she's ok?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
What I think you are referring to is that your wife got routine testing for hepatitis B surface antigen and it was non-reactive.
That means she has no risk of passing hepatitis B to her baby because she is not infected herself.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Topping Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.