|hepa b risk to wife
May 27, 2006
what is the risk of a hepatitic-b man infecting his wife?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The answer is that the risk can be nearly zero if the right steps are taken.
Your wife should be vaccinated against hepatitis B with three doses of vaccine. Then she should have a blood test to be certain that she has made protective antibodies. Until then, condoms should be used.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Receptive Anal Sex Negative Western Blot
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Pubic Hair
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Having Sex During Period
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Touching Feces
- Risks Of Contracting AIDS From Touching Vagina
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.