|hepa b risk to wife
May 27, 2006
what is the risk of a hepatitic-b man infecting his wife?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The answer is that the risk can be nearly zero if the right steps are taken.
Your wife should be vaccinated against hepatitis B with three doses of vaccine. Then she should have a blood test to be certain that she has made protective antibodies. Until then, condoms should be used.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can The Use Of Lubricants Containing Nonoxynol-9 Further Reduce Hiv Risk?
- Can You Get Hep C Threw A Very Small Amount Of Blood Contact?
- Can A Person Be Hiv Positive For Years And Have No Symptoms?
- How Can You Tell If Someone Has Hepatitis C?
- Hydrogen Peroxide And Hiv
- Does Hepatitis C Makes You Tired?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.