Undetectable Viral Load and Infectiousness
May 20, 2006
I am in my 5th month on interferon and ribavirin. My viral load is currently undetectable. Does this make my hep c less infectious?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes it would. However, I would not take any risk from a sexual standpoint, since ribavirin can cause fetal abnormalities. Also, we don't know a lot about what happens to HCV levels in sperm or vaginal fluids on treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Pubic Lice If You Have No Pubic Hair?
- Deadliest Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- How Fast Can You Detect A Std?
- How Long Does Chlamydia Take To Show?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.