|hep b and HIV
May 20, 2006
if someone is diagnosed with hep B, does this also mean that they have HIV? And i was told that hepatitis is very rarely transmitted through sex, is this true????
| Response from Dr. McGovern
the only way to know if someone with hepatitis B also has HIV, is to get tested.
Hepatitis B is mainly spread through sexual intercourse. Hepatitis C is uncommonly spread through intercourse.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Can Two People Who've Never Had Sex Get Std?
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Saliva?
- How Accurate Is Hpv Testing?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.