May 20, 2006
I GOT PRICKED BY A NEEDLE INFECTED WITH VIRUS B , 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE PRICK, I WAS VACCINATED WITH THE 1ST DOSE OF HB VACCINE, AND I GOT THE SECOND DOSE AFTER THE PRICK BY 1 WEEK......IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I GET DISEASED WITH HBV? MY HBs antibody titre after i got the secon dose of vaccine was more than 1000 (iu/ml i guess)
Response from Dr. McGovern
Good question. I think the chance of you getting infected seems extraordinarily low. The vaccine will most likely protect you.
hep B and HIV
hep b and HIV
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can And Std Cause Mouth Ulcers?
- How Common Is Pubic Lice?
- If You Keep Getting Vaginal Infections In Your Vagina, Do That Mean You Have HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.