May 20, 2006
which is more effective interferon or hepsera... what are the side effects of interferon? the future outcome? is it advisable to treat w/ interferon? thanks a lot!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
For hepatitis B I prefer pegylated interferon because the seroconversion rates are the highest with this drug. Side effects can include fatigue, nausea, chills, depression and others. You will need to discuss this thoroughly with your doctor. The choice of treatment will also depend on whether you have e antigen negative infection or not.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Prostitutes Hiv Statistics
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- Why Are Genital Warts More Prevalent In Homosexual Men?
- What Happens When You Take The Hpv Vaccine But Already Have Genital Warts?
- What Does Isolated Herpes Mean?
- What Do Herpes Sores Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.