Stage 2 fibrosis and HCV Treatment

I have Stage 2 fibrosis and from hep c,Genotype 2. I've not done treatment yet but am going to the doctor next month to discuss. What is the most effective treatment to clear the virus and not further damage my liver? Are there new treatment available that won't make me sick and loose my hair? I'm scared. Thank you.

Congratulations. Although HCV is certainly concerning, you have the easiest to treat genotype - type 2. Your chance of responding is excellent. You should take a pegylated interferon with ribavirin and remember that taking all your medications really counts. You also can't predict your side effects. You may have only some fatigue. You won't know until you try it.

Dr. M

Is any amount of alcohol safe?
side effects