May 14, 2006
my father has hep c. im not sure whether he acquired it before or after i was born because he never told me. but is it possible for him to transmit it to me in either case? and if so is it likely that i have it in my early teens or will it appear later.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is usually transmitted through injection drug use; much less likely through sexual intercourse. Household contacts are not a risk. I would counsel you not to share razors.
If you are still concerned, get a hepatitis C antibody test to relieve your mind. Dr. M
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes During Seroconversion
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Drinking Water Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.