May 14, 2006
my father has hep c. im not sure whether he acquired it before or after i was born because he never told me. but is it possible for him to transmit it to me in either case? and if so is it likely that i have it in my early teens or will it appear later.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is usually transmitted through injection drug use; much less likely through sexual intercourse. Household contacts are not a risk. I would counsel you not to share razors.
If you are still concerned, get a hepatitis C antibody test to relieve your mind. Dr. M
help in interpreting the test results pleasessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
- Where Does Genital Herpes Enters Body?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What Organs Are Affected By Syphilis?
- What Is The Meaning Chlamydia Igg Test Positive?
- What Is The Difference Between Razor Burn And Herpes On The Vagina?
- Symptoms Of Shingles Without Blisters
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.