|Transmission through dry blood
May 14, 2006
I recently had some strangers gauze bandage stuck on my hand, there was dry blood on it. I was not able to wash my hands for a good hour or so. I have no open visible cuts on my hand. Please tell me how high of a risk factor I am at for contamination of Hepatitis or HIV, I have been going crazy ever since this happened.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not get any testing based on this exposure.
I would not worry any more about this. Dr. M
help in interpreting the test results pleasessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
- Who Are The Carriers Of Hpv?
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What Stds Cause Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Difference Between Shingles And Herpes?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Does A Herpes Simplex Outbreak Feel Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.