abnormal pap smear

I had a abnormal papsmear result, Dr is stating it is a viral infection. Take medicatin for 7 days and retest in 3 months. I did have intercourse prior to my test. Scared it may be something else.

The virus your doctor is talking about is not hepatitis A, B, or C. It is related to human papillomavirus, HPV,which can cause abnormalities on the pap smear.

It is important to have follow-up on your pap smear to be certain it clears up. HPV is transmitted through sex.

It is important for all women to know that there is good news on the way for HPV. Two great vaccines are very effective in clinical trials and will be reviewed for release this year by the FDA. I suspect they will be available quite soon.

Dr. M.

Acute or Chronic?
what are the chance I'm HIV positive?