Acute or Chronic?

Hi I am pregnant and very confused about my results. The person who is handling my case told me today that I am a lifetime carrier (acute) of Hep B.But how can you be a lifetime carrier, doesn't that mean you become chronic?

My daughter who I had 3 years ago is negative and never got it from me when I gave birth to her. So does that mean that I probably got this recently and I am going to clear it up most likely or do you think I will become chronic.

Here are my results..if you can please give me an answer soon. I am very confused and lost.

Okay it says:

Prot Total 7.0 Albumin 3.5 AST/SGOT 20 ALT/SGPT 16 ALK PHOS 75 BILI TOTAL 0.3 BILI DIRECT <0.07

What does all of this mean?? Do you want to know the range in order to figure it out. Just let me know.

Okay then it says Hep B Surface AG Positive AB NEGATIVE HEP A IGM NEGATIVE HEP B CORE IGM NEGATIVE HEP C AB NEGATIVE HEP BE AG NEGATIVE HEP B SURF AB NEGATIVE

What you need to do next is to have your doctor run a test called hepatitis B core antibody IgG. Only the IgM was performed and that is positive only in "acute" or recent infection.

I need to know if your hepatitis B core IgG is positive; if so, you could have chronic disease; however if it is negative, then your hepatitis B surface antigen may be a false positive result.

Your liver function tests are rock normal and your hepatitis C antibody is negative. If you have no risk factors (no blood products, no drug use; no sexual partners with hepatitis B) then I am inclined to think this is a false positive result.

Dr. M

What to ask my doctor
abnormal pap smear