|Vitamins and HIV/HEP B
Apr 13, 2006
I wanted to know if taking Opti-Pack multi vitamins (which have pretty high doses of most vitamins, minerals and antioxidants), could be toxic to my liver during HIV/Hep B coninfection.
I am also taking Astragalus (250mg), to at least help my immune system build itself up during this time of no HIV drugs.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I only suggest routine multivitamins and consideration of Vitamin E. I think too much of anything isn't a good thing.
Dear Mrs. Mcgovern,M.D.
hcv - finger in mouth
- How Common Are Anal Warts?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.