|Dear Mrs. Mcgovern,M.D.
Apr 13, 2006
I have hep-c, stage 4 grade 2. Under tx. with peg-Intron plus ribavirin 1200mg a day. Missed my 2 log drop at week 12. Age 50 if i stop tx. can a person at this stage have a decent chance of lasting very long with this on-going? Had a upper gi and was told that was fine. I understand you can't say for sure but would like to know if many people can keep going Thank you for your time.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If you didn't quite get a 2 log drop, but still had some decline in virus, it is reasonable to continue. Many patients without a virologic response still get a histologic response (eg their livers get healthier).
New drugs will be hopefully available in 3 to 5 years. You want to stabilize and slow down your disease, so I would continue treatment for now.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Touching A Frog?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.