HBV DNA high in late pregnancy

I was diagnosed with HBV a couple of years ago with surface antigen +, core antibody and E antibody +. I have never had any symptom of the disease though. Recently, a HVB DNA PRC test revealed that the virus numbers in the blood is quite high (my doctor didn?t tell me the actual number yet), and my doctor recommended to take medicine to keep the virus level low. Does high virus numbers indicated the high level of infection? Most importantly, I?m now 26 weeks pregnant and have a scheduled Cesarean birth already, I don?t know whether I should take the medicine or take immunoglobin injections? Which is more safe to the baby and me? Thanks!

In a preliminary report, lamivudine was effective in pregnant women with high viral loads to prevent transmission. It is a reasonable option in patients with high viral loads and is given about 8 weeks before term.

hepatitis B
Dear Mrs. Mcgovern,M.D.